View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 10:43 PM   #64
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Years of Continued Growth

I decide to take a look at our newest provinces:

Luzon - With 6794 people working in grain, Luzon is a realtively poor province with a strategically useful but ecconomically meaningless export. Luzon gives us 13 ducats annually and sends 1 to Malacca.

Timor - The island of Timor, just east and south of Flores, has 1627 inhabitants working in spice. Timor is our southernmost possession. 12 ducats are sent to our treasury and 14 to Malacca.

Bastar - Just captured from the Mughals who inherited in when they annexed Delhi. Bastar has 35535 people who wotk the Copper Mines. Bastar makes 19 ducats annually for us and send 16 to Ganges. Her people are Hindu, but have Marathi culture. Bastar does have a revolt risk of 3% from nationalism, even though we liberated her from the Sunni Mughals.

This war with the Mughals and the capturing of Bastar is a new development for Mataram. I need to reanalyze our goals.

Here were my goals when I took over:

1). Annex Atjeh
2). Annex Champa politically
3). Continue to expand up the Malaysian Peninsula via Ayutthaya.
4). Do not fear Indian colonization as my predecessors, and establish a colony in Pondicherry.
5). Discover Manchu officially and then get a Trade Agreement with them so I can expand set up merchants in the Center of Trade in Kyoto.

We have completed 2, 4, and 5. We cannot annex Champa until we have land beside her, which means we would have to take it from Dai Viet. We have not expanded up the Malaysian peninsula for the same reason.

But now, things have changed. Here are my new goals for Mataram:

1). Control, not just Indonesia, but all of Oceania. We already have colonized or set up trading posts in all of Indonesia that we know of. When we get an explorer, it will be time for us to move from Indonesian into an even grander area.

2). Colonize and develop all of southern India. This includes Kerala, Cochin, Trivandrum, Madurai, and the island provinces of Colombo and Jaffna. Also iuncludes Bombay and Palakimedi despite their more nothernly location.

3). Expand militarily via the Malaysian Pensicula, the Indian Subcontinent, or elsewhere.

4). Make friends with Hindu neightbors. Gujarat, Malwa, Jodhpur, Vijaynagar, Mysore, Champa and Orissa are the only remaining Hindu countries. Let's not fight amongest each other.

5). Expand our merchants to Kutch and maybe even Mascate. Isfahan, however, has too many countries there I do not know.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote