View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 10:40 PM   #58
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mataram Age of Exploration Begins

January 1, 1521 - Our Monarch passes away from disease and brother Pengeran Sutan Tranganna takes over the throne. He is excellent in diplomacy, excellent in administration and average in war. This family is good for Mataram and I hope they continue to rule well for a long time.

January 21, 1521 - We discover Buru! There are only 200 natives here with a very low aggressiveness. Coffee is Buru's main export. It looks to be a poor or mildly wealthy place. I order colonists to Buru and the Conquistador back on the ships.

March 4, 1521 - Our conquistador is bound for an island called Ceram.

March 5, 1521 - Vijaynagar treated some of our Merchants badly and Harassed them. I can escalate the complaint and we would gain a Casus Belli against them for five years plus relations would tspiral downwards. or, I can diplomatically resolve the issue and our relations will improve.

I have no desire to attack a fellow Hindu nation, so I diplomatically resolve the issue.

March 27, 1521 - We sucessfully colonized Buru. I order more colonists to follow.

April 14, 1521 - We discover Ceram. There are 200 natives here as well and spices appear to be the major crop here. The natives have a very low hostility and I order more colonists there.

May 30, 1521 - Our colonization attempt to Buru failed.

June 27, 1521 - I order the Conquistador named Fahti and his army to disembark ans explore this land mass east of Ceram.

July 5, 1521 - Ceram is colonized!

August 23, 1521 - Fahti discovers a province and calls it Sorong. Natives have attacked the conquistador upon his landing. 1000 natives with a high aggresiveness. I order Fahti to fight and remove the natives from the area.

August 25 - We kill all of the natives. Fahti is order to reboard the ships.

Sorong has fish and looks to be quite poor.

November 17, 1521 - I send Fahti to disembark to an island named Timor.

December 27, 1521 - We discover Timor! There are 400 natives here with a very low aggressiveness. Spice is the trade of choice in a moderately valuable province.

January 1, 1522 - I send colonists to Timor.

January 8, 1522 - A major diplomatic move by our Chief Diplomat has incresed ralations with Ayutthaya majorly.

March 1, 1522 - Our colonization attempt to Timor failed. I dispatch another set of colonists.

April 17, 1522 - I order Fahti to explore an island called Tindore on our maps.

May 6, 1522 - Timor is founded.

May 29, 1522 - We discover Tindore. There are 200 natives here with a very low aggressiveness. Spice is the trade of choice here as well. I send off colonists.

August 23, 1522 - I send Fahti to another chunk of exposed land to explore it.

August 25, 1522 - Tindore is founded.

October 3, 1522 - We discover Mandanao, a large island with 4000 natives. Spice is it's major export. The natives here are extremelyighly aggressive. I order Fahti to wipe them out.

October 18, 1522 - We lost a battle agains the natives but we reduced them to about 900. We still have around 4000 calvary. Fahti is retreating to the boats to regroup.

January 1, 1522- I send colonists to Sorong to set up a trading post.

February 11, 1523 - The natives have expanded to about 3000 on Mandanao. We land again and battle is joined.

February 19, 1523 - Our calvary eliminated the native presence.

I order colonists to Mindanao.

March 1, 1523 - Our infrastructure improves. We can now build refineries. I move our investments heavy into trade.

March 3, 1523 - Our trading post fails to be set up in Sorong.

April 20, 1523 - I send a letter to Champa and our relations improve.

June 1, 1523 - We found a colony on Mindanao.

June 21, 1523 - I send our conquistador, newly refresehed with 2000 calvary built in Sabah, to an island named Palawan.

August 1, 1523 - Fahti discovers Palawan but the 2000 native attack. The natives here are extremely hostile. My Minister of Colonization estimates only a 25% chance of success here if we do not kill the natives. I tell Fahti to wipe them out.

August 12, 1523 - We eliminate the native threat in Palawan. I order another colonist sent to Sorong to set up a Trading Post.

October 14, 1523 - The Trading Post in Sorong is set up.

November 8, 1523 - I discover another land mass and order my troops in to check it out.

December 19, 1523 - We discover Luzon, the northern part of a large island. The Chinese area already here. They've set up a Trading Post here. This province trades in grain - a valuable commodity in this grain-poor area. There are 6000 natives with a low aggressiveness. Sure sounds like a nice place to colonize...

January 1, 1524 - I order colonists to Palawan.

February 28, 1524 - I am sending Fahti back to that island, but the southern half, named Mindoro.

March 18, 1524 - Our colonization attempt to poor little Palawan fails. I send a colonist to set up a Trading Post there instead.

April 10, 1524 - Our conquistador lands in Mindoro. There are 3000 natives here who attack us upon landing. The main export is sugar - highly valuable. But the natives are extremely aggressive, I order Fahti to continue fighting.

April 22, 1524 - We destroy evey last native and I dispatch colonists to the area.

May 19, 1524 - We set up a Trading Post on Palawan.

May 27, 1524 - We have a scandal at the court with Vijaynagar. Our relatins with them plummet and our monarch's diploatic skils are reduced for four months.

June 3, 1524 - I order the fleet and conquistador-led calvary to Pondicherry. We'll explore as much of India as we can.

July 26, 1524 - We establish a colony in Mindoro.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote