View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 10:39 PM   #57
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Fallout and Expansion

Let's take a look at Ajeh, shall we?

We gained a warship and four transports from teh annexation.

Ajeh has 15045 people who work spice. They arean indonesian people who worship Alah through their Sunni religion. Ajeh gives us 15 ducats annually and send 17 to Malacca.

Ajeh has a 3% revoilt rate due to high rates of nationalism. The Riau army is now the Ajeh army and will stay to pacify the people. I am moving our cannon to Riau for now. No reason to get them destroyed in a revolt, and we can't build those. So, they are a valuable property to me.

With the annexation of Atjeh, all other powers in the Indies have been removed. We have also taken all of the Islamic powers out as well. I have two goals left - annex Champa and march up the Malaysian peninsula into Ayutthaya. I await my chances for both.

January 1, 1515 - Our stability increased.

Our war fleet conists of three warships, 4 galleys and 6 transports. Other transports and galleys are in other location back in the indies. The war fleet is now stationed in Ajeh.

Our Royal Marriage with Dai Viet expired but we enter a new one.

Another colonist is sent to Vanin.

January 18, 1515 - I send a Personal Gift to Champa to thank them for their assistance in the war. Our relations are maxed.

June 1, 1515 - Our stability increased.

June 10, 1515 - We unexpectedly gained a manufactory in Sulawesi. It is a Goods Manufactory. This should provide a regular bonus to our infrastructure investments and some extra cash yearly. We can't build one - don't have the knowledge. This is also a very valuable commodity to me.

July 27, 1515 - I send some colonists to Sarawak.

August 3, 1515 - Vanin coloization failed.

October 1, 1515 - Sarawak expands.

October 10, 1515 - The Protestant Reformation has occured. Now, in addition to Orthodoxy and Catholicism, Christian countries and provinces may be protestant. Some are automatically rolling over into protestantism. If a nation goes from Catholic to protestant they can gain a little cash from confiscated property.

I checked, and none of my provinces went Protestant, although there was little doubt that they wouldn't.

Since Hinduism does not distinguish between the forms of Christianity, just as we do not distinguish between the Islamic sects, this is not much of an issue with us.

January 1, 1516 - I send another colonist to Vanin and order walls built in Sulawesi.

March 19, 1516 - We enter into a Royal Marriage with Tibet.

April 10, 1516 - Our Royal Marriage with Assam has expired. They are now a vassal of Tibet and cannot enter into any Royal Marriages.

May 23, 1516 - Issuing additional Trade Ordiances in Riau has improved the roads. It's tax value has risen by one.

August 3, 1516 - Our colonization attempts to vanin have again failed. I decide to hold off on further attempts for a while. Each attempts costs around 90 ducats, we only make around 200 annually, and this is probably the lowest value province we've come across.

November 30, 1516 - A letter is sent to Champa to keep our relationship up.

January 1, 1516 - A wall is ordered to be built in Flores.

April 8, 1517 - An unprovoked revolt occurs in Sumbawa. I order the army in Perak into ships and over to Sumbawa to put out this rebellion.

October 28, 1517 - The rebellion is put down and Sumbawa is recaptured.

November 7, 1517 - I order a wall built in Sumbawa.

January 1, 1518 - Our Monarch dies and his heir takes over. Pengeran Sabrang Lar will oversee Mataram's glory. He is as good with diplomacy as his father - quite good. He is average in war and administration as well.

I order a wall built in Selatan.

April 3, 1518 - Enthusiasm for the Army has gained us 5000 free calvary in Bali. I move them to Sulawesi.

July 14, 1518 - I send another letter to Champa.

October 1, 1518 - Nippon's government falls again.

January 1, 1519 - I order a wall built in Sunda.

February 25, 1519 - One of our nobles was assassinated. Our stability dropped.

Atahari I's rule begin just a little over 100 years ago. So much has changed, and so much of what he wanted to accomplish has been seen through.

We need an explorer or conquistador to explore the remainder of the Indies and the area. Preferably both units.

January 1, 1520 - Ajeh is revolting. I order walls constructed in Bandjarmasin and Manado.

January 15, 1520 - We lose a battle in Ajeh. I move our military mainenance up to 100%.

February 16, 1520 - We gain a Conquistador in Jambi! Excellent. I send over boats for the Conquistador and I will head over to Sulawesi to pick up their calvary for a little exploring.

April 1, 1520 - Our stability increased.

May 4, 1520 - We put down the Ajeh rebellion. I order more soldiers built to shore our army.

December 11, 1520 - Our fleet of five transports lands in the Moluccas. I order the 8000 calvary and conquistador onto an island named Buru.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote