View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 10:38 PM   #55
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Years of Hesitancy

January 11, 1508 - My first offical order as Regent of Mataram is to build 2000 infantry in Malacca. The populace in Malacca and Riau is completely pacified and there do not appear to be any more revolts coming, but it is such an important area, plus Perak borders Ayutthaya. I will march the army to Perak and leave them there after troops are built.

January 28, 1508 - I send a Personal Gift to Korea. It costs me 34 ducats. Our relations moderately improve, but they were already very bad. Among the wrost possible, actually.

March 7, 1508 - I send a State Gift, which costs me 87 ducats. Our relations considerably improve. They are still negative, but close to neutral.

April 15, 1508 - I deliver another Personal Gift to Korea. Our relations with Korea improve wto positive, but still close to neutral.

May 20, 1508 - I issue an Official Letter to Korea. It barely increases our relations, though.

July 3, 1508 - Another letter is sent. A decent relations improvement follows.

August 13, 1508 - I issue another letter. Our relations enter a more positive atmosphere. They are regarded as friends.

October 8, 1508 - I send yet one more letter. Each of these costs me 8 ducats. Maybe Korea is becoming jaded with the letters though, because it doesn't change anything.

January 10, 1509 - Another Personal Gift is sent to the Korean Government. Our relations tremendously improve and they are now very dear friends.

January 12, 1509 - I send the first colonists to Pondicherry.

Since Pondicherry has 10000 natives and a very high tax value potential, I would love to acquire it. There is a 46% chance that our colonists will take.

January 23, 1509 - Our Royal marriage with Bengal expired.

Fabruary 28, 1509 - Our Royal Marriage with Arakan expired.

Delhi and Bengal are both Sunni states with a lot of Hindu provinces. They are trying to convert two Hindu provinces which I am very uncomfortable with.

May 2, 1509 - I offer a Royal Marriage with Korea. They accept.

July 12, 1509 - Our colonists found a city in Pondicherry! I order more to follow. These have a 54% chance of taking hold.

July 13, 1509 - Unhappines Among the Merchants has hurt our investments in developing trade.

September 10, 1509 - Bengal and Mataram consummate their relationship with a Royal Marriage.

November 30, 1509 - Pondicherry expands.

January 1, 1510 - More colonists are dispatched to Pondicherry. Another set are sent to Sunda.

January 3, 1510 - I order another letter sent to Korea. It does not change our relations with them.

March 2, 1510 - Sunda expands.

May 1, 1510 - The government of Nippon has fallen. Turmoil is rampant in Nippon according to our reports.

May 26, 1510 - Pondicherry expands. More colonists are sent.

July 5, 1510 - I order another letter to Korea. This one must have said all the right things, because our relations have maxed.

July 20, 1510 - Cities are Demaning Old Rights restored to them. I accept and we become more decentralized.

August 19, 1510 - Korea enters an alliance with China.

August 25, 1510 - Ayutthaya enters teh Korea/China alliance.

September 1, 1510 - We enter into a Royal Marriage with Arakan.

October 23, 1510 - Pondicherry expands.

January 1, 1511 - Colonists are sent to Pondicherry. I send a diplomat to Korea to offer to trade maps with each other. We know a lot more area than Korea. becuase we are such good friends, they agree. We find Manchu.

We have also found some province named Vanin above Manchu. It is unowned. There are 1000 natives with a low aggressiveness living there. But, it only exports fish and looks to be a relatively poor province. We may colonize it later, but it is not a priority. I send a colonist to establish a Trading Post there, so we can claim the land.

May 9, 1511 - We enter into a Trade Agreement with Manchu. I can now order merchants to the city ot Kyoto in Kansai province of Nippon.

May 26, 1511 - Pondicherry expands. I order more colonists. If these take, Pondicherry is ours.

June 2, 1511 - We establish a Trading Post in Vanin.

June 18, 1511 - I order the first two merchants to Kansai (Kyoto).

August 26 - Our first two mercahtsn failed to set up camp in Kansai. Anotehr follow up merchant also failed.

October 9, 1511 - An Enthusiasm for the Army has taken place. We have gained 20 artillery in Sabah and 5000 infantry in Selatan. I order ships to carry the infantry to Perak and the artillery to Riau.

October 21, 1511 - Our colonization attempt in Pondicherry failed. No native attack followed.

January 1, 1512 - I reexamine our Domestic policies. If I move us that last bit to an Offensive Doctrine, our commanders will lose a siege value but gain a shock value to attack troops with. I decide that is worth it to me, and I move us completely to the Offensive. I move our investment focus to stability due to the loss with moving our policies.

I send more colonists to Pondicherry.

May 26, 1512 - Pondicherry expands! We now have a full fledged city in India.

Pondicherry - Just below the Vijaynagar province of Madras on the eastern coast of India, Pondicherry has 10627 poeple working on Spices. It makes 18 ducats annually for us and send 17 to Ganges. Pondicherry is a port and it is a nice area for us to expand in. After we explore the rest of the area, of course.

September 26, 1512 - New land is cleard and claimed in Johor. It's population increase by +2000, tax value up by one and man power up by one.

November 6, 1512 - I order a wall built in Pondicherry.

January 1, 1513 - I dispatch six merdchants to Kansai. Our stability also increased.

February 1, 1513 - Two of our Merchants set up shop in Kansai.

February 9, 1513 - I order more colonists to Sunda.

April 10, 1513 - Sunda expands.

April 28, 1513 - I order more colonists to Sarawak.

June 28, 1513 - Sarawak expands.

October 5, 1513 - An Heir to the Crown has been born! We celebrate into the night!

October 21, 1513 - I send a letter to Champa. It barely increases our relations.

January 1, 1514 - I send four merchants to Kansai. I also order a Tax Collector placed in Pondicherry. Lastly, colonists are sent to Vanin, above Manchu.

February 1, 1514 - Our merchants expanded trade in Kansai twice. There is one more level of trade for our country. I order two more merchants to Kansai.

March 23, 1514 - We fully expand trade in Kansai province, Kyoto city! Two of my goals are now complete.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote