View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 10:34 PM   #47
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Second Half of the Golden Years of Mataram

January 3, 1489 - Our army arrives in Surabaja.

Janaury 18, 1489 - We win and put down the revolt in Surabaja.

March 23, 1489 - We enter into a Royal marriage with Tibet.

April 5, 1489 - I send Letter to Champa. It cost 8 ducatsand increases our relations slightly.

July 3, 1489 - I send another letter to Champa. Our relations are just about maxed now.

July 21, 1489 - There is Unhappiness Among the Artisans. I can execute the troublemakers, which will probably hurt our infrastructre investment, or abolish a tax which will cost 100 ducats and move us towards a state with more free subjects. I decide to execute the troublemakers and make an example of them all.

December 30, 1489 - We enter into a Royal Marriage with Dai Viet.

February 5, 1490 - After saving up some ducats, I decide to launch a quick string of colonizations in Manado. It is the easist remaining province in the Indies to colonize that I know of, with a 40% chance. However, it's natives are highly aggressive, so we want to be there as little as possible. I send off the first colonists, except I will send them off to start a Trading Post. We have a 50% chacne of starting a Post, and it will help us in subsequent colonization attempts to have a post there.

April 6, 1490 - Our Trading Post is built in Manado. That will increase subsequent colonization attempts by about 5% according to my Minister of Colonization. Off some colonists go to start a new city there.

June 6, 1490 - The first attempts to establish a foothold in Manado are true. I order more settlers to follow.

August 6, 1490 - Manado expands. Our Royal Marriage with Champa expires. I send off more colonists.

September 1, 1490 - Champa and Mataram enter into a Royal Marriage.

October 22, 1490 - Our colonization attempt in Manado fails.

October 24, 1490 - It is as I feared. The natives, angered by our attepts to colonize their land, have massacred the small colony there. I order more colonists in. While the natives are distracted, they might easily establish a foothjold under their nose.

November 1, 1490 - Our Naval Technology increase. Our ships will now fight a little bit better.

December 30, 1490 - We establish a new colony in Manado.

January 1, 1491 - More colonists are sent to Manado.

March 3, 1491 - Manado expands. More colonists are sent out. We have exhausted our colonist supply and now must slow down.

April 10, 1491 - We enter into a Royal Marriage with Assam.

May 11, 1491 - Manado expands.

June 13, 1491 - I examine our domestic policies. I decide to move us towards Narrow Minded. It will hurt our technology development, but we are so slow anyways, that it just makes an already slow process a little slower. However, we will get more missionaries and settlers each year and a decreased risk for rebellion due to war weariness for later. We even get a lowered cost for improving stability, which is where our focus goes for the next while.

July 1, 1491 - I send a new colonist to Manado.

September 1, 1491 - Manado expands.

December 1, 1491 - New colonists are shipped to Manado.

February 7, 1492 - Manado expands.

June 1, 1492 - If this set of colonists that I send away can take, then Manado will be ours fully and the natives will embrace our culture.

August 1, 1492 - Our stability increases.

August 2, 1492 - Manado is expanded and becomes a full province.

August 5, 1492 - I order a Tax Collesctor promoted in Manado.

January 1, 1493 - I order Tax Collectors promoted in Sunda, Palembang and Perak.

Janaury 5, 1493 - I decide to offer Champa vassalization. If they say yes, then we receive 50% of Champa's revenues and we gain a Casus Belli against anybody who attacks Champa. If they decline, our relations will be hurt a bit. I think it's worth the risk.

Champa declines our offer.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote