View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 10:32 PM   #46
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Golden Age Continues

The continued need for stress on improving our ionfrastructure becomes apparent to me as I survey our realm.

August 10, 1482 - I send off a colonist to start a trading post in Palembang.

October 10, 1482 - Our trading post failed to take. We capture Riau from the rebels and drive them away. I fear they will be back.

January 1, 1482 - I send off two more merchants to Ganges.

February 1, 1482 - I send a colonist to Sunda. I have decided to finish off Sunda before creating more colonies.

April 2, 1482 - Sunda expands and now has 606 people. I send off another colonist. With 700 people, Sunda will be a fully functional city.

June 3, 1482 - Despite a 95% chance of success, our Sunda-bound settlers fail to set up shop. How terribly sad.

July 16, 1482 - We have a Scandal at the Court! Our relations with Vijaynagar decrease and we will have to focus on inward politics for the next few months, lowering our diplomatic skill with other powers during this time.

August 7, 1482 - Our Inquisition at Sabah has been successful! Sabah has converted from their pagan beliefs to Hindu. Additionally, the people of Sabah have thrown out their old ways and embraced our Java Culture. This will make Sabah a very valuable province.

January 1, 1484 - I send off that last shipment of colonists to Sunda for a while. I also ship off what is hopefully to be the last pair of merchants to Ganges.

January 20, 1484 - We enter into a Royal Marriage with Bengal.

February 1, 1484 - Mataram Merchants wrest away more trade in Ganes and we have finished created trade there.

February 25, 1484 - Our Royal Marriages with Nippon and Arakan expire. The Arakan Marriage is renewed.

March 1, 1484 - Sunda expands.

May 29, 1484 - Dai Viet annexes Cambodia politically.

June 3, 1484 - Champa refuses our request to create an alliance.

June 29, 1484 - Heretics lead a rebellion in Brunei. I dispatch a fleet to take the Riau army to Brunei to put down this rebellion.

July 1, 1484 - Perak uses the Brunei opportunity to revolt as well. I order the standing army in Malcca into Perak.

July 28, 1484 - The Perak rebels were defeated and scattered. I move our army back into Malacca province.

October 22, 1484 - Our Riau army lands in Brunei and the battle with the heretics begins.

October 26, 1484 - The heretics are defeated and I reboard the fleet with the men. We set sail for Riau and continuing to guard against the Atjeh threat.

December 8, 1484 - I decide to send another group of colonists to Sunda. They never had the benefits of native support after colonization, so they are still quite small and could use the help.

February 9, 1485 - Sunda expands.

March 6, 1485 - I order Tax Collectors promoted in Sumbawa and Jambi.

November 1, 1485 - I am promoted by my lord to Duke for my performance in service to Mataram.

February 1, 1486 - A revolt in Malacca strikes.

February 10, 1486 - We defeat the rebels in Malacca.

February 11, 1486 - Atjeh enters an alliacne with China. I have to wonder if China would be able to stop us from annexing Atjeh if we were at war, however.

March 15, 1486 - I send out a colonist to Palembang to feel the area out. If they take, great. If not, I will not worry overly much.

March 16, 1486 - Our Royal marriage with Ayutthaya expired. I do not renew it because we could attack Ayuttaya at any time and move into her provinces from Perak.

May 27, 1486 - We successfully colonize Palembang! Excellent.

August 24, 1486 - Anotehr Great Noble Family REquests Aid. I have to deny Aid which lowers our stability. I put our resources in stability.

December 13, 1486 - Champa invites us to join an alliance with them. I accept.

January 7, 1487 - Another set of colonists is sent to Palembang with dispatch.

March 7, 1487 - Palembang expands. Another set of colonists are set out.

May 7, 1487 - Palembang expands.

August 26, 1487 - Another heretical revolt takes place, this time in perak. I send in the Malaccan army again.

September 18, 1487 - Perak's revolt is put down.

December 1, 1487 - Our stability increases. More colonists are sent to Palembang.

January 1, 1488 - A revolt in Johor. The Malaccan army is sent in. I order 2000 infantry built in Malacca for whenever the next wave hits.

January 25, 1488 - Johor's rebellion is destroyed.

February 1, 1488 - Palembang expands again. More colonists are sent away.

April 2, 1488 - Palembang expands.

August 2, 1488 - Noble Families of Mataram Feud. I can side with one family and there will be a revolt in Surabaja. I can let them fight it out and take a big hit to our stability. Or, I can try to settle the issue, which will cost 100 ducats as I fill the pockets of the warring families. I decide to sidew with one familiy. I load up the Riau army into a fleet again and ship them to Surabaja.

November 2, 1488 - Colonists are dispatched to Palembang.

January 2, 1489 - Palembang expands and the 8000 natives join our colony. Atjeh island is completely settled now.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote