Thread: Who are you?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 07:35 PM   #121
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

1. What is your first name? Cyril

2. What does your online name mean? I've told the story a couple of times here. Pumpy Tudors punted for the Eagles in a Hall of Fame game one year. I heard Al Michaels say his name, and I started cracking up. I used to use the name "Gunner" on BBS's yeeeears ago, but that was often taken, so I went with something else. I'm now mostly known online as Pumpy, although a few know me as Gunner.

3. What City do you live in? New Orleans, LA

4. How old are you? 27

5. What team do you root for and why? A few: Denver Broncos (an Elway fan since his senior year at Stanford), St. Louis Cardinals (Ozzie Smith fan), New Jersey Devils (originally a Sean Burke fan, and then I grew to love the team), Utah Jazz (John Stockton fan), Memphis Grizzlies (young team on the rise, and the fiancee is from Memphis), University of New Orleans (alma mater), Tulane (only local university with a football team), LSU sort of (because they have a better football team).

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I was originally hired to do data entry work at the largest ship supply company in the southern US, but now I do a little bit of everything in the office (quoting, purchasing, communication with clients, etc.). I want to be a television news editor, as I did that stuff as an intern four years ago, but that's on hold for now.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since right before FOF2 came out.

8. How did you find out about this website? I don't remember.

9. Something interesting about you? I once accidentally killed a sportscast on the local NBC affiliate's 5:00 news show during my first week as an intern there in 2000. Before the show, the station "teased" that they had the inside scoop on who the Saints new head coach would be, and they wanted viewers to stay tuned. The sports director asked me to put together a tape of the leading candidates for the job (Jim Haslett, Gary Kubiak, Art Shell, etc.). I did the tape, but I didn't rewind it. Nobody told me to do that. Because I didn't rewind the tape, the producer wiped the entire sports report from that show. Everyone was pretty at me for about an hour. I'll bet they were happy a few days later when the Saints eventually hired Haslett, though. In the report I got axed, the station was going to announce that Kubiak was getting the job.