Thread: Who are you?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 05:52 PM   #114
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

1. What is your first name? Bryan.

2. What does your online name mean? At whatever point it was that I was looking for an online name, I had just delivered a rant against mythology in contemporary poetry during a creative writing class. Couple that with the fact that I was listening to Michael Penn's CD March at the time, and couple that with the fact that his last name is my nickname, and you've got the story.

3. What City do you live in? Charleston, SC, at the moment...moved down from Lafayette, IN, in August. Grew up near Leavenworth, KS.

4. How old are you? 27.

5. What team do you root for and why? College football: Kansas State Wildcats (undergraduate alma mater) and Purdue Boilermakers (graduate school alma mater). Pro Football: Kansas City Chiefs (regional). Pro Baseball: Chicago Cubs (regional during grad school) and Boston Red Sox (always dug a good curse).

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Just graduated with a Master of Fine Arts in Poetry from Purdue University. Currently am trying to finish my first book, and am working at a library while I do so.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since FOF2 was just released.

8. How did you find out about this website? I think I was playing Title Fight (Bout?) Boxing, another text sim, and while looking up information on it stumbled across the site. Lurked for a loooooong time before making myself known during the old Sideline days. Been around, for good or ill, ever since.

9. Something interesting about you? I am a nationally (and internationally, if you count Canada) published poet. My work has been appearing in various journals since 2000. During the coming year you can read my poetry in the spring issue of River Styx and the fall/winter issue of Coal City Review.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote