Thread: Who are you?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 03:45 PM   #105
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

1. What is your first name?

Matt--as in Matthew (I always have to add that, because always seem to think I am saying Mac or Pat at least in environs that have some noise in them)

2. What does your online name mean?

Chief Rum is short for Chief Running Mouth, which was my fraternity nickname. It seems I became rather locquacious when inebriated.

3. What City do you live in?

Anaheim--for now. I have lived in seven different cities in the SoCal area in the past decade, and have moved eight times.

4. How old are you?

5. What team do you root for and why?

Which sport? My most avid support is for the Angels in baseball, the Ducks in hockey, and UCLA in college basketball & football. The Angels were just a childhood thing. I got into the Ducks because I wasn't ever really a Kings fan, so when the Ducks started up, they were perfect for me. I just watched a lot of UCLA sports as a kid and grew to really like those teams.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school?

This always a multistage question for me. What do I actually, right now, do for a living? I am a waiter at TGIFriday's. What did I go to school for? Journalism--and I also have done a stint with the LA Times. What would I like to do? Something inc omputers. What would I love to do? Become a writer. What will I probably end up doing? An office job where I can use my communication and computer skills to be a general jack of all trades (but I hope not).

7. How long have you been playing FOF?

Just under four years now. I bought FOF2 in early 2000.

8. How did you find out about this website?

Shortly before I found FOF2 actually. I found this site looking for sim games to play like Baseball Mogul. The site (we're talking Old Green Sidelines here), of course, pointed me to Front Office Football. The rest is history.

9. Something interesting about you?

This is probably the most difficult question to answer, because I'm not sure what will interest you guys. Here are some quick hits: I don't drive currently, and generally hate the beauracracy around the privelege of driving. I used to drink alot years ago (social monster), but now I may go a year with just a handful of beers. I root for UCLA, but went to Cal Poly Pomona, a technical university where I didn't end up learning anything technical. I went from aerospace as a freshman to communications as a senior, which has to be the widest single jump in majors that someone can make. When the LA riots happened, I was in LA--at a Lakers playoff game against the Blazers, oblivious to the hell going on around us.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote