Thread: Who are you?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 02:33 PM   #95
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
No, I wouldn't have known them. I was in Stuttgart from 88-92, so that was a little before my time...

Interesting, my dad graduated from K-Town High back in...ohh...it must have been 1964-ish. We used to take trips down there every once in a while to see his old stomping grounds. He also lived in Hiedelburg when he was younger.

Bad Kissingen...I'm pretty sure I played either baseball or basketball against them. I can't remember if it was during my year on the JV basketball team or if it was in one of my years in a youth rec league. Either way, I'm pretty sure we whupped them...

Well, BK only went up to elementary school on post, so you prolly played our pathetic youth league baseball team. One of my dad's buddies coached us, and he had no business doing so. Plus, we didn't have a huge talent base to draw from anyway, we were a small post, mainly just there for a staging area for the 2/11 armored Cav. They were the quick response unit in case the Russians decided to cross the Fulda Gap. I think we were about 80 km from the border. Oh the fun of wondering if we were going to be overrun by Russians! ;- )