View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 09:28 AM   #35
Poli
FOFC Survivor

1. What is your first name?

Rodney

2. What does your online name mean?

Æ

The site helped me appreciate the work of DC Talk. Back in in the mid 90's, DCT released an album called "Jesus Freak". It became all too popular and it was cool to be called a "Jesus Freak". Online names were filled with this name and the varieties...people wanting to associate themselves with this name.

To make a long story short, I am a freak, and by definition I once had in my signature, that makes me an ardent enthusiast. I just don't like being associated with the "Jesus Freak" name because it's popular.

3. What City do you live in?

Really depends on what day it is. I am in Great Lakes, IL Monday through Friday morning to afternoon, and in Bonne Terre, MO from Friday night until Sunday night or monday morning.

4. How old are you?

5. What team do you root for and why?

The Tennessee Vols. I moved to Lenoir City, TN, in 7th grade and the whole town rooted for the Vols. I had never seen anything like it. I haven't seen anything like it since. I rooted for the Razorbacks, well sort of. I lived in Arkansas, and I knew that was the college team from Arkansas. That's all I knew. I didn't watch football. At all.

It just so happened they played each other that year, I think in the Cotton Bowl. It was me against my entire class, and if had money in middle school I'd have had to pay everyone off, because UT tore up the Hogs.

After that, I transferred my "allegiance" to the Vols. I even started watching "some" football. Now, it's all I talk or think about, and I could easily describe to you the finer points of the bunch concept offense.

Go figure.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school?

Well, I'm in the US Navy, and I'm in school, sort of. I'm in shore communications class, taught by the Navy, right now. I've got an average of 99.78%, having missed one question in the whole class.

I follow that with BIT, basic instructor training, where I WILL teach my fellow instructors the finer points of the bunch concept offense (you get to pick your topic and teach it ).

I will then be an instructor on the base for the next 3 years. I leave the service after that, doing who knows what.

7. How long have you been playing FOF?

I own FOF2001 and TCY. Since, umm, 2001, I guess.

8. How did you find out about this website?

The draft game Jim had a few years back. I mentioned in the chat (Jim really helped me out by getting me to the irc chat room) that Jim needed a message board. I knew that there were others out there that enjoyed this game, but I didn't know how to find them. Someone there gave me the link to the forum, and I've been a member since. April 2002

9. Something interesting about you?

I could be shot or hung if I give out government secrets during a time of war. No joke.