View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 04:49 PM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Colonization and Renewal

March 4, 1470 - Selatan is colonized by the people Kasuri sent out. He would have been so pleased.

Selatan:

10608 people exporting Chinaware. Selatan is a port that does not add to our manpower. 14 ducats are added to us yearly, 16 are made in Malacca.

Selatan is considered by many in Mataram to be the jewel of the Indies. And now it is ours most fully and completely.

June 29, 1470 - Atjeh annexes Malacca.

October 20, 1470 - When we sacked Malacca we gained Malacca's maps of parts of India. I send out diplomats. We sign a Trade Agreement with Bengal, Delhi, and Hyderabad.

We also gained knowledge of a neutral province on India named Pondicherry. I contact my Minister of Colonization. Colonization of Pondicherry woud be expensive and begin with a 41& chance of initial success. 10000 natives with medium aggressiveness. It would also embroil us in the Indian Peninsula politics. But, it exports Spice and appears to be a very rich plum.

I don't know. For now, I decide to stick with the Indies.

January 1, 1471 - I have another meeting with my Minister of Colonization. Our options grow smaller. Two more provinces still ie on Brunei isle - Sarawak and Bandjarmasin. On Makassar Isle we still have Manado and Sulawesi. Bandung on Java Isle, Palembang on Atjeh Isle, and Pondicherry in India. We could also send colonists to Sunda and Kalimantan and build them up to full fledged colonies.

With more limited and risky options, I decide to hold off on colonizing for now. I want to save up for sending a Missionary to Sabah.

June 22, 1471 - Going over some minor points with my Economic Advisor I notice that Mataram is the worlds largest exporter of Coffee, as well as Spices. An interesting little fact that I share with the rest of our country to increase pride.

August 1, 1471 - Our stability increased back up from the previous policy change.

September 17, 1471 - In order to fully utilize our resources, I will send off colonists occasionally to Sunda when we are about to get full of colonists. I send off one now.

November 6, 1471 - We enter into a Trade Agreemtn with Orissa.

November 7, 1471 - Merchants of ours have been harassed by Ayutthaya. I have two options. Resolve the issue diplomatically and our relations will improve slightly. Esclate the complaint and relations will deteriorate. Additionally, we would gain a Casus Belli against Ayutthaya for 5 years. I decide to escalte the complaint and milk it for all it is worth.

November 17, 1471 - Our coloniztion attempt at Sunda was successful.

August 28, 1472 - Another colonist to Sunda is sent.

October 28, 1472 - Sunda expands.

December 13 - Our marriages with Dai Viet, Vientiane and Myanmar expire.

January 10, 1473 - Another colonist is sent to Sunda.

March 10, 1473 - Sunda expands.

January 1, 1474 - I send a Missionary to Sabah. 115 Months will pass before I will know whether or not it was successful.

May 30, 1474 - Our Army Reformation is going so well that investment is better than it should be.

Anyways, we have a serious cabinet meeting tomorrow. I shall need my rest tonight.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote