View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 04:48 PM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Years of Consolidation

January 1, 1465 - I have gained a very bad reputation by taking Malacca's provinces. I need to consolidate my holdings in Malaysia. The first thing I do is move to concentrate on my economy and settlements. I send another settler off to Sumbawa. We have an 81% chance of success.

March 1, 1465 - We sucessfully colonized Sumbawa again. One more ought to do it.

March 6, 1465 - Portugese attempts to restablish a Trading Post in Sulawesi have failed.

June 28, 1465 - Our Royal Marriage with Cambodia expired. They reject my proposal for renewal.

Champa is at war with Cambodia, Dai Viet and Taungu. It's a shame I can't take advantge of that, but I geared up already and now I am geared down.

August 7, 1465 - Since I can't attack Champa, I decide to offer another Royal marriage which they accept. Now I can watch the carnage as Dai Viet stomrs through Champa.

November 2, 1465 - Dai Viet captures the Champan capital in Mekong Delta province.

January 1, 1466 - Another leader comes. Bhre Pandan Solar. Will these nobles never end? Bhre is poor at everything - war, diplomacy, administration.

February 1, 1466 - Colonists set forth from Bali to Sumbawa.

February 3, 1466 - Champa accepts peace with Dai Viet. They had to give up Da Lat province, some ducats and military access.

April 1, 1466 - Sumbawa becomes a full fledgled province.

Sumbawa:

1624 people work the coffee fields on this set of islands. They yield 13 ducats annually to me and another 11 to the Malaccan Center of Trade. Sumbawa is a port, but provides no additional manpower.

April 4, 1466 - I send two merchants to Shanghai.

May 3, 1466 - I offered an alliance with Champa but they declined.

July 15, 1466 - Atjeh defeted and destroyed the Malaccan army in Malacca. They do not have enough soldiers to siege Malacca. For now.

September 9, 1466 - We have had an uncooperative philosohper running around Mataram stirring up trouble. Do I imprison him, or let him reamin free? If I imprison him, we will beomce more narrowminded. If I allow him to remain free our stability will take a big hit and we will become more innovative.

I want to be more Narrowminded anyways, so I imprision the thinker.

October 11, 1466 - Our Royal Marriage with Assam expired.

October 29, 1466 - Assam enters a Royal Marriage with us.

November 1, 1466 - Johor revolts. Four days later they are put down.

January 1, 1467 - I reconvene our Cabinet. Where should our efforts go now? Saving up and building walls in new colonies? Colonizing another area? Building another army and striking Atjeh or Champa? Expanding trade?

I decide to ignore military conquest. I am getting older. A new person will be good to conquer with. We are under a bad reputation. If we get too bad, then other nations will declare war on us as a matter of honor. That will pass over time, but for now, let's steer clear of war. If however, war should find us, I intend to take full advantage.

Without war, there is no need for walls or other defenses. That leaves trading and colonization.

I decide to turn our attention to Shanghai and maximizing our trade there. Then, we will look at colonizing further.

A pair of merchants are dispatched to Shanghai.

Feburary 1, 1467 - Our trade in Shanghai is maximized for now.

May 12, 1467 - Portugese settlement in Sulawesi failed.

July 3, 1467 - I turn our attention towards Selatan. With Chinaware, 10000 natives, and a 40% initial chance of colonization, Selatan may be the best province out there right now. I dispatch our first wave of settlers.

September 3, 1467 - Our colonization attempt at Selatan has proven successful!

January 1, 1468 - I dispatch another settlernow with a 58% chance of success.

March 1, 1468 - Selatan expands.

May 13, 1468 - Good Government Policies have resulted in bonuses to trade and infrastructure investments. Excellent.

August 2, 1468 - More colonists leave for Selatan.

August 29, 1468 - Portugal fails again. My Minister informs me that we have about a 30% chance of starting a trading post on Sulawesi. Portugal probably has similar chances.

October 2, 1468 - Selatan expands.

November 1, 1468 - Brunei no longer has any revolt risk, making int completely safe. I send a fleet over to pick up the Brunei fleet and drop them off in Jambi - adjacent to Atjeh.

January 10, 1469 - Cambodia became vassals of Dai Viet.

January 23, 1469 - I send more settlers to Selatan. It's also time to re-examine our domestic policies. I decide, easily, to move us completely towards Quality. By moving completely towards Quality all of our field marshals now have an additional point in their Fire Value - which affect the troops ability during the fire stage of combat.

March 23, 1469 - Selatan expands.

June 1, 1469 - Perak revolts.

June 21, 1469 - We win the battle and crush the rebellion in Perak.

July 14, 1469 - Another groups of colonists leaves for Selatan.

September 14, 1469 - Selatan expands again.

January 2, 1470 - Another colonist leaves for Selatan. I hope they finish it off.

January 9, 1470 - I've taken ill. The doctor says that I'll be fine, but I wonder...

-Anxiety

End Chapter Two

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote