View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 04:47 PM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Preparation for War

My predecessor fought three wars, this will be my first I need to find out the state of Malacca's defenses. That requires a small fleet to swing by.

I order the 3 Galleys, 5 Transports in Sunda over to Malacca to see what is going on.

I will need a military army to fight. I decide to use the Makassar army. Malacca is a country of plains - that makes calvary ideal. I order to building of 1000 horsemen in Makassar.

My plan is to send over a fleet including the Makassar army, and pick up the Sunda infantry on the way. Then arrive in Malacca and enter an alliance with Ayutthaya. To prepare for this, I ask Ayutthaya for a Royal Marriage. They decline. Suspect that thy will agree before it is all said and done.

January 4, 1460 - My spy fleet arrives in the Striats of Malacca. There are no soldiers or fleets in Malacca or Johor. 12491 Malaccan soldiers are moving up the coast to where I can only assume is Ayutthaya. That is take-able, especially if Malacca and Ayutthaya destroy each other. I send my fleet northwards.

January 10, 1460 - An Ayutthayan fleet of 5 ships enters the Straits of Malacca. Attacking from behind would be a very smart move....

February 5, 1460 - My spy fleet arrives in the Mergui Archipelago off the shore of Phuket - the southernmost province of Ayutthaya. Ayutthaya and Malacca appear to be fighitng. Malacca outnumbers Ayutthaya and should win. I watch to see how many Malaccan soldiers die.

February 27, 1460 - Ayutthaya soldiers that survived the battle have fled Phuket. 11193 Malaccan men are laying siege. I order my fleet back to harbor.

May 1, 1460 - The peasants in Sabah are revolting. It turns out, when I have a stability less than perfect, there is a small 1% chance of rebellion in Sabah. I was unaware. I order the Brunei army into Sabah.

July 1, 1460 - Our stability increased to full.

July 23, 1460 - The Brunei army defeats the Sabah rebels and I order them to return.

August 22, 1460 - The entire Mataram fleet launches from Sunda. 10962 infanrty and 2201 calvary board the boats and will head off to Malacca.

October 24, 1460 - My fleets arrives to the Straits of Jahore - just off the coast of Johor province - controlled by Malacca. I decide to sail on the Straits of Malacca.

November 14, 1460 - I arrive in the Straits of Malacca and see three important things. Firstly, there is no Malaccan fleet around to challenge my boarding army. Secondly, there are 1000 men in Malacca and 3000 men in Perak - the other two Malaccan provinces. It looks like they are reinforcing the army in Ayutthaya.

I dedice I want an unchallenged disembarking. I will allow the small army in Malacca to arrive in Perak, then contact Ayutthaya about that alliance.

November 20, 1460 - The Malaccan army has moved to Perak. I contact Ayutthaya.

I find out that Ayutthaya is not the leader of the alliance, and only Ayutthaya is ay war with Malacca. That means, essentially, that I must declare war on Malacca myself.

Still, I try to set up a Royal Marriage. Having spies in Ayutthaya would be invaluable to me. They decline my proposal.

I only have one diplomat left, so I inform Malacca that we are at war.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote