View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 04:47 PM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Continued Developments

January 1, 1457 - We agree to send out a colonist for now to Sumbawa. 48% chance according to out Minister of Colonization.

March 1, 1457 - Our colonization attempt fails.

March 27, 1457 - The Portugese land a Conquistador on Sulawesi. Name of Afonso V. I set my fleet sailing to find the Portugese fleet.

April 6, 1457 - The Portugese attempts at colonization fail. I cannot find that Conquistador anywhere. Did they lose? Since a Conquistador is the only land unit that can explore, it would behoove me to find them and figure out where they are exlooring. Do they have an Explorer naval unit that can discover new seas? Is Portugal expanding?

Lots of questions - little answers.

I decide to send another colonist to Sumbawa now, before Portugal finds it.

April 22, 1457 - The Pirates in the Sea of Java have been cleaned out. Portugal has been through here.

May 1, 1457 - Brunei revolts again. Put down in three days.

June 6, 1457 - Sumbawan colonization hopes are dashed again. Our colony is not taking root.

October 30, 1457 - While looking for Portugal, I run into two pirate ships in the Straits of Lombok.

November 1, 1457 - The government of Nippon has fallen. They will be in crumbles for a while.

November 12, 1457 - We lost the naval battle in Lombok. I send my ships back to sea. I'll park them at Sunda for now.

January 1, 1458 - A Makassar rebellion.

January 8, 1458 - Another expedition is dispatched to Sumbawa.

March 8, 1458 - Sumbawa is colonized.

January 22, 1459 - Another look into our domestic policies. I decide to again move towards quality soldiers.

Febryary 5, 1459 - I divert our research into stability production. I also send two more merchants to Shanghai. Lastly, I send another colonist to Sumbawa.

February 23, 1459 - Our Royal Marriages with China, Malacca, Ayutthaya, Arakan and Nippon expired. I restablish a new marriage with Nippon, Arakan, but China refuses my offer of a marriage.

April 6, 1459 - Sumbawa expands.

April 26, 1459 - One of our researchers created a Fine Arts Academy in Flores. I do not know how he did it, and I cannot replicate it, but I am amazed at it. This Academy will increase the growth in Flores, increase the revenue from Flores, and contribute free ducats to our stability. Amazing.

June 1, 1459 - Portugese atempts to re-establis ha trading post in Sulawesi have failed.

October 26, 1459 - War breaks out in SE Asia again as Myanmar is fighting Taungu, Dai Viet and Cambodia. Vientiane and China are figting Manchu and Nippon. And my opportunity arises. Ayutthaya and Malacca enjoin in war.

Mataram rising.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote