View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 04:46 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I do not expect to colonize much for a while. I am saving my ducats to pay off the loan we took out at the beginning of my term.

November 7, 1451 - Dai Viet is forming an alliance. They bring in Taungu and Cambodia into their alliance.

December 20, 1451 - The natives in Sulawesi destroyed the Portugese trading post there, and their attempts to colonize a new post failed.

August 24, 1452 - The perfect opportunity arise but Malacca di not take the bait! China declared war on Manchu. Nippon, allied with Manchu, declared war on China. But Malacca dishonored their alliance with Chian rather than declare war on Manchu and Nippon.

If Malacca had declared war, then I would have asked to join the Japan/Manchu alliance. If they had taken me, war with Malacca would have been entered. Now, it's just a minor, piddling war, and Malacca is no longer in an Alliance with China.

November 8, 1452 - Permanet recruiting areas have been establish in Flores by my Minister of War. As suc, Flores now adds one manpower to our country.

December 1, 1452 - Our stability increased back to maximum. It went down after I changed our domestic policies earlier.

January 1, 1453 - Another new monarch, Interregnum takes our power as the incompetance of Rajasavardhana reaches no end. Interregnum, however, is poor across the board, and I fear that Mataram will be hurt by his rule.

February 1, 1453 - I order a Tax Collector put in Brunei. We still have 200 ducats after that order.

March 27, 1453 - The Portugese have reestablished their post in Sulawesi.

May 1, 1453 - The national bank comes calling, and I agree to pay off our loan of 200 ducats. That leaves us with five in the treasury, and a monthly income of around 1.5 ducats.

January 1, 1454 - I order a tax collector built in Sabah.

November 22, 1454 - After the noblity demanded their old rights sucessfully so recently, I should have expected this.

The cities have comes demanding their old powers and authories back. I am forced to accept, knowing a denial would cause major instability throughjout the kingdom. We move further towards a decentralized state.

December 1, 1454 - Makassar rebellion again. We wmerge victorius a couple of weeks later. Makassar is down to a 1% monthly chance of revolt, Brunei is at 2%.

January 15, 1454 - I meet with our Minister of Colonization about another possible colonziation attempt somehwere. We agree that Sumbawa is probably the best place. It's close to home and has the best chance of success. Still, I decide to hold off on colonizing right now. I have more infrastructure development to do.

January 21, 1455 - I ordera Tax Collector built is Salabanka. Another ir ordered in Jakarta.

June 24, 1455 - China and Malacca renew their old alliance. Hopefully that is more good news.

July 5, 1455 - Content in their new alliance, China declares war on Tibet. Malacca again dishonors their allaince with China.

August 10, 1455 - Nippon cancelled their vassalization of Korea a couple of months ago in order to declare war. That has freed up Korea. We set up a Royal Marriage with Korea.

August 13, 1444 - While looking over the world, I realize that Nippon is having a rebellion on their island of Shikoku, as well as being particularly unstable right now. It woulkd be a good time to assault Nippon, if I were China, Manchu or Dai Viet, I think I might do so.

August 18, 1455 - 26192 Manchu soldiers begin their siege of Yalu - Korea's capital and only province. I fear Korea will not be around much longer.

August 30, 1455 - China entered an alliance with Vientiane and Ayutthaya. Maybe I can get into a war with Ayutthaya.

January 1, 1456 - Yet another noble has taken the throne - Hyang Purvavisesa. Hyang is average at diplomacy and administration, and poor in war.

March 1, 1456 - Portugal sends a colonist to Sulawesi. It will take around 13 months for the colonist to arrive.

March 3, 1456 - I have an open cabinet meeting with my advisors. Where should our money go? Colonizing another province, or Tax Collector for Jambi, or sending merchants to Shanghai. After some arguing, I decide that Shanghai is our best option.

We have enough money to send four merchants to Shanghai. That means two should take hold. A merchant to Shanghai costs 20 ducats each shot, so we have to hope that they will take root.

April 3, 1456 - Our merchants do, in fact, sent up. Two destroy Chinese competition, and the other two taske their place. With the Trade Agreements we have in place, I hope no one comes by and knocks out our merchants. Manchu is the wild card. I have yet to open relation with Manchu - we have not discovered their realm yet. As such, I cannot negiotate a Trade Agreement with them. I just hope that Manchu stays out of Shanghai.

June 1, 1456 - 4 pirate vessels are sighted in the Sea of Java.

October 1, 1456 - Another Brunei revolt.

December 1, 1456 - We get a great reputaion. Our relations with Atjeh and Portugal each go up significantly.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote