View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 04:44 PM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Retirement of Atahari I

Sept 4, 1434 - Our second coloniztion attempt at Flores has suceeded. Future attempts will have at least a 74% chance of sucess according to my Minister of Colonization. Flores has a nice growth rate, so let's work on it.

October 22, 1434 - I found my protegee - the successor to my "rule." His name is Kasuri. He was taken with his parents to Jakarta where he has been raised the past several years. He has lived in the hard colony before it became more modern.

Kasuri is smart, birhgt, and young - only 12. I have brought him into my care and am paying his family money from my own pocket to train the boy as I choose. Kasuri shall be my sucessor.

He shall see my goals completed.

January 1, 1435 - Another colonist is sent to Flores.

March 1, 1435 - My Minister of Colonization informs me that our colony has been expanded.

April 12, 1435 - Some country named "Portugal" has sent a colonist to Sunda to set up shop as a trading post. This is not acceptable. They failed and died over there. I don't like the idea of strangers on the island of Java.

May 1, 1435 - Makassar's second rebellion, another easy one to put down.

January 1, 1436 - Another colonization attempt at Flores diembarks from Bali. This time a 79% chance is supposedly entailed.

March 1, 1436 - This month brings a couple of familiar sights. More colonization at Flores has occured, and another rebellion at Makassar has occured.

March 5, 1436 - Brunei canceled the Vassalization and declared war against us. Bad move.

March 9, 1436 - We defeat the Makassar rebels, then laucn a fleet to the Coast of Brunei. Another fleet is enroute to Makassar to pick up our army for an attack on Brunei proper.

May 13, 1436 - Our first battle in the Second Brunei War takes place on the Coast of Brunei as our fleet of a warship, 4 galleys and 5 transports runs itno a Brunei fleet of a warship, 2 galleys, and a transport. They have the wind. We'll see what happens.

May 14, 1436 - Our army lands in Kalimantan. I order them to Sabah.

June 10, 1436 - Our army reaches Sabah. I order them to Brunei where 3323 Brunei soldiers wait.

June 20, 1436 - We lose the Battle of the Brunei Coast, although we do manage to sink a galley.

June 28, 1436 - The struggle for Brunei begins as our army reaches Brunei and attacks.

July 9, 1436 - Our army defeats Brunei and begins the siege.

I purposefully avoid killing that fleet. I want that Warship when I annex Brunei.

January 8, 1437 - Another colonist is sent out to Flores.

February 1, 1437 - The Makassar take advantage of their opportunity and revolt.

Februaru 8, 1437 - We capture Brunei and then annex them. I march my army back to Kalimantan where they will board a fleet bound for Makassar.

I reduce my naval maintainance back own to 50%, and I now have an additional warship, galley, and transport.

March 1, 1437 - Due to Mataram's growth, and my role in that, Suhita, our Monarch, has seen fit to award me with the title of Viscount. I am now addressed as Lord.

March 8, 1437 - Flores expands again.

July 7, 1437 - Our army loses to the rebels in Makassar. I order more troops to be built in Bali.

December 5, 1437 - My Economic Advisor is able to turn in a record year. Inflation goes down 5% and we get 100 ducats. I use that gold to build 4000 infantry and send a colonist to Flores.

February 5, 1438 - Our Flores colony expanded again. I send out what could be our last colonization attempt to Flores.

April 1, 1438 - We defeat the rebels in Makassar.

April 6, 1438 - The Portugese have landed an army in Sunda and wiped out all of the natives. I need to colonize it now, but I don't have the money. Alas.

April 17, 1438 - Flores is sucessfully colonized one last time. Before I retire, I take a look at my last two additions.

Brunei:

11901 people reside in Brunei. Spices are its mzajor export, and Mataram gets 13 ducats annually while the CoT gets 16. Brunei is Sunni and Indonesian. It has a revolt risk of 3% due to Nationalism as well. Brunei does not add any manpower to my country.

Flores:

1612 people work the spices in Flores. 11 ducats are added to my treasury annually, and 12 are produced at the Malacca CoT. Flores also does not add any manpower to my country.

Kasuri is 15 now, and ready to take over. He inherits my title, my post, and my ambition.

The wind is changing. These new Portugese. We've conqured Brunei and Makassar but now have to deal with rebels. Growing economic prosperity and colonization of local islands.

The wind is changing, and it is time that someone else tries to fly.

-Anxiety

End Chapter One

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote