View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 04:43 PM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Years of Quiet, Consolidation, and Building

I bring the entire fleet together at Bali to see what I have. My Naval Advisor gives me the following report:

1 Warship
7 Galleys
10 Transports

Maintenance - 0.6 ducats monthly

Supportbale Number of Ships: 29

I deicde to slash the maintenance of my Navy, but not my army. I also leave my army in Makassar for rebels.

Info about Makassar:

Sunni and Indonesian. Makassar has Nationalism which results in a minimum of 3% revolt risk each month. That will go down after time. It should be 0 revolt risk otherwise. 11853 people exporting Spices for 15 ducats annually and 16 sent to Malacca's Center of Trade. Makassar adds no manpower.

With the new year - 1431 - I get some ducats. I send that colonist to Kalimantan. My Minister of COlonization informs me we have a 64% chance of sucess.

April 6, 1431 - We have a new colony in Kalimantan as our colonist suceeded. It has a great rate of growth, but I'll not come here again for a while. I just wanted to claim the territory. Now, I'll look elsewhere for colonization.

September 8, 1431 - An Heir to the Crown is born! Suhita is so pleased.

February 1, 1432 - We finally have five merchants running around Malacca's Center of Trade. I will now be looking at CoTs futher away. Maybe Shanghai or Kansai or Ganges. Probably Shanghai.

April 19, 1433 - After over a year of quiet, we have our first revolt in Makassar. It is put down a few days later.

September 26, 1433 - Brunei sends us a Diplomatic Insult. This is an excellent excuse to go to war with Brunei, but I like them as a vassal right now. As my vassal, I get half of their income. I'd get slightly more than that after conquering them. Internationally I have a tarnished reputation. It would get worse if I took Brunei. So, for now, I'll hold off.

October 1, 1433 - I send out our n ext colonist. I am aiming fopr the island of Flores, east of Bali. With spice as an export, 1000 fairly peacefu natives, and a 56% chance of inital sucess, I'll send my money there.

December 5, 1433 - Our colonization attempt fails.

February 22, 1434 - I offer marriage to China and they accept. I also offer to Arakon, Ayutthaya, Malacca, and Nippon - they also accept.

July 1, 1434 - I try again to Colonize Flores.

July 8, 1434 - A huge war in SE Asia breaks out, with everybody against everybody.

Ayutthaya, Taungu versus China, Bengal, Vijaynagar, Arakan, Vientiane, Dai Viet and Cambodia

Champa versus Cambodia, Dai Viet, and Vientiane.

Literally every power, save Malacca, in SE Asia is at war.

And yet not a good time to invade. There are a couple of hard core alliances in there, and I don't want to ally myself with those they are fighting against, nor do I want to fight the people they are fighting, either. I can't race Dai Viet or China for land.

Another opportunity missed? Am I becoming more sedintary as I grow older?

Flores shall be my crowing accomplishment. I wil see it colonized, then retire my post in favor of another. It is time for my passing.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote