View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 04:42 PM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Brunei stupidly eliminated all natives from Kalimantan province. It's right below Sabah, and it only trades fish - not a big deal, really. Due to the decided lack of natives, its really easy to colonize. I'll send a colonist there next, then move on to other places while I have claimed Kalimantan.

September 14, 1429 - We received a diplomatic insult from Makassar. This is a windfall of luck. This insult grants us a temporary Casus Belli against them for a year. Screw Kalimantan, I order 1000 calvary to be built in Bali. I bring to Bali the fleets and army of Mataram.

December 14, 1429, I load up the Bali fleet and send them over to Makassar to check out the military situation. When the new year hits, I'll order the building of some infantry, but for now, I am sending the fleet with 7000+ soldiers to look. If I like what I see I may land troops immediately after declaring war.

I up the maintanence on naval and land troops to 100%.

January 22, 1430 - Makassar has 6000 men and 11 ships. I will have to launch an attack off the boat, which will be dangerous. As such, I decide to wait for the 2000 more troops I have building in Bali right now to be ready.

April 24, 1930 - My loaded fleet has arrived in the Strait of Makassar. I decide to declare war and attack. If I can win this battle, then I defeat Makassar, If I lose, I can still recuperate.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote