View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 04:39 PM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

January 1, 1421 - No Indonesian State has yet to ally herself with any other power. Are we waiting for someone to blink?

Trade Agreement with Champa is signed, but Atjeh refuses. I hate wasting my diplomats like that. Atjeh will suffer later for their indignation.

I order our fleet to go by Makassar and check their defenses.

February 3, 1421 - Our fleet sails into the Sea of Java and checks Makassar's defenses. They have 6000 men and 11 ships. Not assailable for a while. I decide to send the fleet to Jakarta, then on to Brunei to check their defenses.

May 5, 1421 - Our fleet arrives on the Coast of Brunei. They too have 6000 men in Brunei, but Sabah is unguarded. 11 ships rest in Brunei harbor. I send the fleet back to Jakarta, then over to Atjeh.

July 1, 1421 - We get some more colonists. SInce we have established a colonly in Jakara, it only costs 44 ducats this time. My Minister estimates an 82% sucess rate. We have 46 ducats in the treasury, so I send out the next wave of colonists.

August 1, 1421 - Vientiane, Taungu, and Pegu all agree to sign Trade Agreements with me.

September 2, 1421 - Our fleet arrives in the Straighs of Malacca. Atjeh has 2052 soldiers guarding their capital and 9948 in Riau. They have 4 ships in harbor and are building more. They are also promoting a Tax Collector in Atjeh.

Malacca has 2047 soldiers in their capital and Coenter of Trade province named, appropriately, Malacca. They have 9950 men in Perak, which is on the border with Ayutthaya. Only 52 men are in Johor.

Riau, interestingly enough, is not a port.

I order our fleet to return to Jakarta, then Bali.

September 5, 1421 - The second wave of colonization of Jakarta suceeds. It went faster the second time around because Jakarta was already settled.

I will continue to lay low.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote