View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 08:17 PM   #63
Poli
FOFC Survivor

This game certainly isn't going as well as last week's. This defense seems to get to the ball rather quickly.

Fortunately, their offense doesn't seem to be in sync. They mount a short drive but end up punting, with Serra (ed note: Every time I type this name I think of Serra Angel from the Magic card game...good times) returning the ball to the UT24.

That's where we set up shop with 7:17 left in the half.

Two carries by Brewster give us 5 and 2 yards, respectively, and a screen to the FB Jordan gets us 7 and a first down at the UT38.

An option to the left side is strung out, but Brewster takes the pitch and heads up field for 6. Brewster then takes a handoff up the middle for 2, setting up a 3rd and 2 on the UT46.

Perfect time for a reverse, and Everett just barely gets us the needed yards with a gain of 3.

Option right and I keep the ball for a gain of 2. A handoff to Brewster nets 4. Option left and again I keep the ball, falling short of the first down by 1 yard.

We look to the sideline, but the punt team comes out. Wheeler drops a 34 yarder inside the 20, but the return leaves the ball at the UT20 with 2:11 left in the half.