View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 07:52 PM   #61
Poli
FOFC Survivor

While Syracuse has the ball, I'm asked by the offensive coordinator what the problem seems to be in moving the ball.

I let him know that the defense seems ten times faster and the contain defender is all over me; fake or not.

We haven't had much success at all moving the ball with the exception of throwing the ball underneath into the flats. Running the ball and our play action game have both been shut down effectively thus far.

Our coordinator then shows our offensive line that we "need a seal here, and a seal here to spring Brewster for a long gain.

We break from the group and I get some water. I come up to the sideline and see Syracuse has brought the ball up to midfield, but the drive has faltered.

CB Billmaier calls a fair catch at the UT 17, with 57 seconds left in the first quarter.

Coach Fulmer sends us out onto the field with an option right call. Syracuse strings us out, and I pitch late to Brewster, who ends up losing a yard.

For second down, we send Brewster out of the backfield in motion, and throw him the ball on a post pattern. The play is good for 12 and a first down at the UT29 and ends the first quarter.

At the end of the 1st quarter, UT 3, Syracuse 0