View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 11:41 AM   #40
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Cal's offense again lacks imagination, and the speed of our defense is top notch.

3 and out once again for Cal, but this time Serra returns the punt 58 yards down the sideline for a touchdown!

We're sitting pretty as the Cal team wallows in self pity.

The extra point gives us 30 so far on the day.

Cal still can't get anything going and again punts after 3 plays. This time Serra is tackled immediately at the UT47 and the first team offense enters the field again with 7:07 left in the half.

Brewster takes the ball up the middle for 5 on the first play, but is dropped for a loss of 3 on the next.

3rd and 8; we run a play action pass. Everett is tightly covered and Witt is too far across the field, so I turn upfield to try and get the first down. The defense clamps down on me quickly and I gain only 2, but the ball squirts out from there!

A mad scramble for the ball results in a Cal lineman recovering the ball and getting to the UT46 before being stopped.

Let's make that three straight drives we've been stopped, and my first turnover in my career. I should have slid instead of going for the 1st down.