View Single Post
Old 05-20-2024, 12:30 PM   #39
BrixtonFC
n00b

The Days Between
FA Vase Draw time! We get Wellingborough who thankfully are at the same level as we are but unfortunately it’s an away game.

On the Good News Front, I get an email from my AssMan that Paul Taylor is a “Potential League One Talent” now. I also learn from the email that Macey is a “Highly Influential Player” now. Sadly, nobody has moved up to become an Influential Player.

Are you thinking what I’m thinking? If Taylor, with 4 stars is League One and Macey has 4.5 stars, he must be a Championship talent? Then that must make O’Donnell Premier League?!?!?! I sure hope so! And Chick Legg for that matter, too!

I’m rotating a lot due to fixture congestion and switch to Spade to get Nixon some more game experience.

Southern Counties East
at Deal, 14 November 2017

Formation: Spade (GK, DR, DC r, DC l, DL, MC r, MC l, AMR, AMC, AML, ST c)
Starting XI: Legg, Parker, Clark, Spearing, Jefcoate, Donaldson, McAdam, Jones, Nixon, Martin, Rae
Subs: Webb, Maguire, Day, Carroll, Al-Ziod, Cullen, Barlow, Pearson, O'Donnell, Duckett, Taylor, Macey

The players are timid and nervous until 26’ when Parker gets stuck on the left side in the aftermath of a free kick. He decides to take the ball up the left flank and finds Rae at the near post for a squeaky-bum goal. The lackluster performance continues until 73’ when we get a penalty and Clark gets his first goal of the season. (Yes, his 5 Penalty Taking and 1 Finishing made him the best choice.) On the restart, Day continues his bout of fuckery when he tries to hold up the ball on the 6-yard line only to be robbed and Chicken Leg loses his clean sheet pay. Five minutes later Martin and Rae hook up in the 18-yard box to give us a more comfortable lead.

POM: Sam Martin (1 assist, 4 key passes, 3 chances created)