View Single Post
Old 05-18-2024, 01:43 PM   #360
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

WWE 2k24 is fully embracing the money sink now it appears. They are releasing updated versions of Roman Reigns and The Rock and they are only obtainable through MyFaction which is basically the games version of ultimate team or whatever you want to call it.

Worse though it seems they are only obtainable by acquiring another specific card, in the case of Roman you need to get a Sapphire Sami Zayn to unlock Roman.

Ofcourse you can buy 70k of in-game currency for $20 and then flip that into packs of cards that cost either 12k or 17k depending on the rarity you want to buy. Each pack guarantees "atleast" 1 superstar and up to 4 accessories.

Finally, there are 10 different card rarities in the game as well as basically every current superstar or legend you could think of that isn't signed with AEW. And you are specifically hunting a Sapphire Sami Zayn from one of the damn packs.

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if they didn't have these damn wrestlers show up in the wrestler selection every time greyed out. So I'm having to explain to my kids why despite paying $100 for the premium version of the game at launch they can't have 2024 Roman Reigns or The Rock. Yes, I know you can download something similar in the community creations but these are kids and they don't understand. If you are going to add new wrestler models or wrestlers period, they should be in the damn base game or included with the season pass.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote