View Single Post
Old 05-17-2024, 05:46 AM   #426
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
That was from a purely basketball point of view. I get that she is the draw and she needs to be the focus for marketing. It is also the reason Christie Sides has about five or so games to figure this thing before she becomes an accelerated version of Paul Silas as the Cavs head coach. Again, that is not a concern for the marketing folks. It just might be be better for the team in general and Caitlyn specifically if there was more of a focus on Caitlyn the great passer and offensive creator than on Caitlyn the scorer at this point.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. But with the "she's the greatest thing EVER" narrative, basketball sense has flown out the window.

And let me be clear: I like Clark well enough, but she's not the second coming of Cousy/West/Jordan/LeBron all rolled into one either.

As a long-time coach friend of mine put it "she's basically Pete Maravich with better passing" and that doesn't seem far off reality.