View Single Post
Old 05-15-2024, 07:20 AM   #939
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I agree with Rainmaker on this. The main question is who they are going to get who is going to be better for the Lions right now. I think that's a list with no names on it, if they are going to keep the rest of their team intact. He's their best chance for the next couple of seasons. There's also always weirdness when the cap increases of players who make more than those who were signed under the previous salary cap who are 'better' players.
I guess it is a feature not a bug? It is a really strange system, but that is the case. The best players are often not the best paid players. It is all on when your contract comes up. That relates to all the noise about Cousins making so much money on his contracts. He has always hit the market at the best times to get paid.
As for Goff, there are maybe 13 QB's who are +quality starters at the most important position in the game. That means more than half the teams in the league need an upgrade. No surprise whenever one of those guys are up for a contract it is record-breaking.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote