View Single Post
Old 05-10-2024, 05:39 PM   #6469
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Would be home invaders -- just yell SHERIFF'S OFFICE before breaking in, this should automatically disarm anyone inside!
I guarantee his AF buddies have banged on that door or his dorm room door shouting POLICE only to laugh when he opened the door because ha, ha why would the police be banging at your door?!

On the negative side, that seems like the perfect plan for the State to come in and TAKE YOUR GUNS FROM YOU!

The state has done everything it can to remove restrictions from allowing law abiding citizens to carry their weapons. If the Second Amendment protects law-abiding citizens' right to self-defense as an inherent and inalienable right then law enforcement can't automatically be terrified every time they see someone carrying a gun and can't start blowing away legal gun owners when those gun owners are legally carrying their weapon especially when a law abiding patriot and citizen is exercising said right while carrying his weapon in a non threatening position inside his residence.

I have some sympathy for the police in this case. I have no clue how law enforcement protects themselves while also guaranteeing citizens their inalienable right. I suspect that some police officers will lose their life when the officer give the person he person on the other side the benefit of the doubt. But since we all live in Gaza, every knock on the door is a potential serial killer, and law enforcement has encouraged citizens to take our security and safety in our own hands, they have to come up with a plan for when they encounter law abiding citizens doing just that.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote