View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 01:40 PM   #222
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Isn't the calculus there that those voters are going to be similar to Haley voters on the GOP side - maybe you lose some and gain some of hers, but when the rubber meets the road, they are far more likely to return to their defaults? What are the Arab voters going to do - vote for Trump/GOP, protector of Muslims?! Or are a mass of GOPers who are still so dialed into the party that they are still registered Republicans really going to vote for *gasp* a Democrat?

At least on the Israel/Hamas issue, I think Biden's campaign is simply looking at the alternatives. Who truly represents the Hamas side in this country? I'm guessing conventional wisdom is most of what we're seeing on both sides is protest vote in primaries and come back to the party in November. And maybe Biden's gamble/analysis is that the net effect of both is maybe they can draw more Haley supporters than they lose Hamas supporters.

Speaking of which, just yesterday, Haley got 22% in Indiana and it doesn't appear there was some surge of Dems voting in the GOP primary.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote