View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 11:54 AM   #558
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I ended up, skipping over Ozempic/wegovey because my insurance wasn’t going to cover either one. So I started with Zepbound, which is super expensive without insurance. I gotta say the reaction was almost immediate, I dropped something like 15 to 20 pounds in the first two weeks. You can obviously tell it’s working. Then when I went to refill my prescription, the nationwide shortage kicked in and so I couldn’t get the second dose which sucked. Now I am using some bootleg compounding pharmacy and it’s cheaper than the namebrand but you don’t have the auto injector pens anymore, which is pretty annoying. I’m getting a new job. Maybe that job will actually cover weight loss drugs. It’s just weird if you have the coverage it costs About 25 bucks a month, and if you don’t it’s over 1000, but there’s a manufacturer coupon that will take it down to $550. The thought that you would see some progress and then you couldn’t get your med re-upped is pretty freaking annoying and terrifying to think about what if you lost 1000s of dollars worth of progress. Trying to eat a lot better, but I can definitely quiet the food noise now which is nice.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote