View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 10:27 AM   #557
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I feel ya. That's the hardest hurdle to get over in my opinion. It's not that you're bored, it's that you've spent years and years in this routine. To say it was a conscious decision for me would be wrong, it was an instinct. Walk by the kitchen and grab a cookie. Watch a game on TV and grab some chips.

When I was cutting, I would notice me grabbing a cookie or something without even thinking about it. Just a "why did I just do that? I wasn't even hungry".

All I can say is over time, you'll get over it. Just as you built a routine to eat while bored, you'll eventually build a routine to not eat while bored.

This I agree with. I joined Fight Camp and boxing/kickboxing 20-30 minutes a day has really helped. Instead of going right to the computer to veg after work, I workout immediately, then weightlift briefly, shower and then it's dinnertime. Mainly after that, I play with the kids or read or veg but I've taken away snack time.

I also snack differently and no dessert. Dessert for me is like a cup of yogurt.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote