View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 11:44 AM   #144
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Looking at our beloved WR depth chart, we have: MHJ, Michael Wilson, Greg Dortch, Zach Pascal and others...

He was banged up most of last year. He was decently effective 2022 with over 800 yards receiving and five touchdowns. Is he really filling a need here? Michael Wilson had a pretty decent rookie year. MHJ should be a stud, and Dortch is your small slot guy. I guess Jones is a decent option as insurance/back-up role for outside receiver in case Wilson or MHJ get hurt. He'd be an upgrade over Zach Pascal.

I wouldn't sign him for anything more than a 1-year deal. We've got the cap space.

When he got cut, I was thinking he wouldn't be a terrible Josh Reynolds replacement for the Lions, so I think he may still have some value.

(Note: I may have a bit of a Zay Jones bias because I picked him up off waivers and had him on my fantasy football team for that game against Dallas when he scored 3 TDs in 2022. Huge FF win for me.)
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 05-07-2024 at 11:45 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote