View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 09:41 AM   #5
NYC13
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
Isn't that connected with the player's volatility rating? I believe higher volatility indicates a greater chance for the player to develop above expectations, but also a higher likelihood of sudden regression. Personally I avoid drafting and trading for players with high volatility. Especially for players with already high ratings I would like them to have low volatility.

That would certainly make sense.

I'm just trying to get a feel for everything that goes into the calculus. For example, "if a player started more than half the games last season and had good stats then the chance of a negative dice roll is significantly reduced" and anything else of that sort. That way it's easier to make more informed decisions and/or gambles on players.

It's also still not really clear to me where the aging curve really begins to impact people. I know another commenter said it depends on the position, which totally makes sense, but even within those positions it seems to be all over the place.

Just frustrating to not really understand why someone regressed and what the factors are that go into the calculation. I guess maybe I could dive into the code and try and find something, but I'm assuming if it was that easy someone would've figured it out by now.
NYC13 is offline   Reply With Quote