View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 07:50 AM   #4545
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Oh yeah I knew about his cousin and that there was no band for that first album. I had even run across the banned Slippery When Wet album cover they ended up using n a 12-inch single and had that in my vinyl collection at one point. I didn't realize the age difference with Tico and Alec though - probably because back then, everyone older than me was just "old" (much like now, everyone's just "young").

It's My Life I'd heard before. I don't recall being familiar with any of the other stuff they played snippets of. Even knowing they had the highest-grossing tour of 2013 blew my mind.

I wouldn't say my taste refined - if anything, it got way less refined. Grunge kinda killed rock music for me, with a few exceptions. I spent the last half of the 90s musically lost but ended up by 1999 gravitating to extremes and weird shit. I just didn't listen to stuff that was radio-friendly (or I did, but it was 20 years past the type of music that could get played on the radio, mainly power pop).

It's kind of how for about 10 years, I knew all the pop music because I had to live it with my kids. Now, I'm happily back to "who the hell is this?"
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote