View Single Post
Old 05-04-2024, 01:43 PM   #197
Atocep
Coordinator

This book was the worst decision she's ever made.

Quote:
"As a congresswoman and governor, I've met with Chinese president Xi Jingping, the king and princes of Saudi Arabia, North Korean president Kim Jong Un, the king of Jordan, South Korean president Lee Myung-bak, Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu, UK prime minister Boris Johnson, Egyptian president Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, and many more," Noem writes in her book.

"Through my tenure on the House Armed Services Committee, I had the chance to travel to many countries to meet with world leaders -- some who wanted our help, and some who didn't. I remember when I met with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un. I'm sure he underestimated me, having no clue about my experience staring down little tyrants (I'd been a children's pastor, after all)," Noem continued.

Now, her team is trying to clean up that misleading story, suggesting, "Kim Jong Un was included in a list of world leaders and shouldn't have been," Noem's spokesman Ian Fury said in a statement to ABC News. The statement doesn't underscore why the South Dakota governor elaborated on the purported meeting with Kim.

Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote