View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 06:46 AM   #176
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
You're this close to calling them patriots, I think. Who's the Trump clone?
The coverage on these protest have become much like the George Floyd protest. One side showing police attacking peaceful protesters and highlighting the suppression of lawful protests (which is clearly wrong), and the other side highlighting the protests that have targeted Jewish students, preventing them from going to classes or getting to their dorms, violent fights breaking out between protesters and counter-protesters, and protestors breaking into building and damaging property.

What is not being seeing is many of the protests have neither thing going on. There are peaceful protests happening that have not had any kind of police interference. There have even been some that have even ended as the students and the college have negotiated settlements.

People have every right to peaceful protests, but just saying "I'm protesting" doesn't give you a right to damage property, or stop students from going to their classes. I often wonder how many people support protesters breaking into damaging property "as protests" would be fine with those protesters breaking into their house and destroying their property? "How can you be mad that I destroyed your car when there are children dying?" "You may not have a place to live now, but neither do the Palestians!"
Shitty behavior is shitty behavior even when you try to excuse it with a good cause.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 05-03-2024 at 06:48 AM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote