View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 11:16 AM   #162
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
It’s one of the aspects that is causing the whole thing to be reevaluated - generally teams who get relegated have an inkling it could happen, and can build in mitigation plans

However LCFC (presume you meant Leicester City rather than LFC (Liverpool ) had been challenging for CL and European football in recent years, and were not seen as a risk to be relgated.

Ha! I don't think I have called them Leicester City since they last won the Championship. So in my head they are just Leicester FC or the Foxes lol. Is that a big deal for Foxes supporters? The reason I asked is I have friends who are Leeds supporters who had to make it very clear to me years ago that using United to refer to Manchester United no matter how well intentioned I was being would not be tolerated in their local pub.

Quote:
However, underlying all of this is that the club has been mismanaged, and we would have failed the PL rules quite badly too, even with their higher limits, so it’s hard to be angry TBH.

The PL rules are likely changing to allow a max spend of (probably) 5x the lowest club’s revenue, which we (along with all bar Chelsea) would have been within: it’s not case that the club is in danger, the owners have plenty of cash (not as much as MCFC or NUFC, but plenty enough), but I’m one for if there are a set of agreed rules and you break them, you get what you deserve.

But FFP/Profit & Sustainability has been shown to be flawed this year, to the point where they are changing the rules so that effectively no-one fails them!

Oh I am not saying they are not deserving of punishment for breaking the rules. It would be different if these were English FA rules that governed the Prem, EFL and the National League.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote