View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 04:01 AM   #92
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I don't think that issue is going to move the needle much on Biden winning or not.

I'm not saying it shouldn't, I just don't think it will. Look at the list of important issues to people in both parties, one example being the recent post by Edward64. Israel/Gaza, and for that matter Ukraine, does not rank highly for most people. They're more concerned with domestic issues like gas prices being 25 cents higher than they 'should be'.

I agree with you, foreign policy is not a sustainable Top-5 issue. Sure, it heats up but other more pressing stuff happens. I do think this is a vocal minority, and in 1-2 years it'll peter out and regulated into the Social Studies books like Occupy Wallstreet, BLM, and defund the police protests.

But I can see the younger folks cutting off their "nose to spite their face". I can easily see another flareup in Sep-Oct. I doubt they'll vote for Trump, but they may not vote or vote for a third party, and therefore diluting Joe's margin.

I'll say again. I support people's rights to vote third party. But if Trump wins, they cannot absolve themselves from helping Trump win by not voting for Joe.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote