View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 10:36 AM   #11
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NawlinsFan View Post
At some point one has to ask whether or not the attempt to reverse engineer a product is legitmate and legal. Sure the apparent intent here is the desire to potentially alter portions of it to better support the creation of league structure and player information but where does it stop? At some point one can see where someone could/would be interested in capturing the key elements of the games construct and either use it for their own, or another entities, gain. With this I can see Jim as being very restrictive with what he will or wants to allow as this is a part of his livelyhood.

From the EULA:

Quote:
We encourage developers to create third-party utilities based on Front Office Football internal data structures. These data structures are intellectual property belonging to Solecismic Software and are subject to copyright. These structures may change without warning in future products or product updates. Use of these data structures outside of the game is restricted. We give developers permission to create products based on our data structures that do not tamper with the copy protection as long as they do not accept any payment of any kind in return for providing or distributing these products. That said and out of the way, we really do appreciate those of you who go to the trouble of providing utilities for the community.

I would love to setup my own Excel workbooks to pull some data out and make pretty charts, but until someone cracks the data we won't be able to do it.

I don't know how it was cracked open before, but I too greatly appreciate those who managed to do so. It's likely the entire reason FOF has been around this long. Without Draft Analyzer, Interrogator, and the other tools there would almost certainly be no FOF community.

Last edited by garion333 : 04-17-2024 at 10:39 AM.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote