View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 09:54 AM   #61
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Localthunk (the developer) has mentioned in a recent interview that he's working on an update which is going to change some of the joker effects. I'm hearing that nerfing flushes and buffing straights are on the menu.

One joker I would like to see is the one that uses an ace in a straight. I'm hearing rumors that card could be buffed to allow a straight to wrap around the ace, so Q-K-A-2-3 would be a straight. I'm hoping it's true since I think that joker is pretty weak.

Another thing I learned is about the idol joker. It's the one where it doubles the multiplier if you play a specific card, like the 8 of diamonds. I never use this one, because it seems too random to use faithfully. However, the card it chooses is always in your deck, and proportional to how many of the specific cards are in your deck. For example, if you have a deck, and half of the cards are ace of spades, half the time the idol will pick ace of spades as the multiplier. In certain decks, this card can be very powerful. If you can get a flush five going with that, you just got a x32 multiplier!

Last edited by Umbrella : 04-02-2024 at 09:54 AM.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote