View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 08:38 AM   #2165
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This phenomenon of people openly wishing the stock market death is just so amazing to me. Even in a country as polarized as ours, you would think that people would not want to knowingly inflict self-harm. Yet that's where we are. I've seen it on social media, where people are crapping on the stock market's performance as "propped up by Biden administration lies."

My own mother, a Trumper, has multiple times stated that she has no idea why the stock market is this good, but that she hopes it falls to where "it should be" so people don't give Biden credit for it. This is not someone who is 40 and 2 decades away from retirement, who can endure some short-term ill-wishing on the market because they'll be good by the 2040s when they consider retiring and Trump is in his 6th term. This is someone who is 75 and 10 years into retirement, directly drawing funds out of her investments to fucking live on - with a brain-damaged spouse who likely is going to need more care (and money to pay for it) sooner than later!

I just can't, as the kids say.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-02-2024 at 08:39 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote