View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 09:46 PM   #26662
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

You may not have noticed but I'm not particularly bashful about mentioning things like bad days or routine annoyances and the like.

So, fair being fair and all, it seems only right that I give equal time to better ones when they occur.

Between a couple of outings today, I spent some incredible time with about 190 years worth of friends. Counting from start to today, which seems fair since despite any interruptions or pauses these are the kind of friendships that have the ability to just pick up from where they left off.

I did that math several times, cause the figure is pretty mindboggling to me. That's a lotta years ... so the notion of having people who can deal with me for that long is just almost beyond my comprehension.

Today was, rare as they seem and unbelievable as it might be to hear, an honest to goodness good day. No qualifiers needed.

If I'm gonna bitch about the bad ones (and let's face it, I am) then I feel downright obligated to acknowledge the good ones.