View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 06:51 PM   #749
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

November 12, 2039
@#1 Villanova 107, Swarthmore 44

Honestly, I should have stopped to think about how the new teams in my world would fill their rosters before I scheduled any of them. Poor Swarthmore comes into Wawa Arena with a team full of freshman walk-ons. The result is what you'd expect.

Zayden Calhoun connects on 6 of 11 three-balls and finishes with 31 points. Chris Wilson adds 19, and reserves John Cannon and DeAndre Brown contribute 13 and 10, respectively. Brown adds 3 steals. Kai Smith dazzles in 21 minutes of court time, finishing with 8 points, 9 assists, and 3 steals.

Tony Flaherty is in severe pain after the game, and he's diagnosed with a stress fracture. He'll be out of action for about a month. Perhaps that's karma getting us back for scheduling the Garnet. DeAndre Brown will fill Tony's spot in the starting lineup, with Z-Money shifting to the three.
Record: 1-0.

November 17, 2039
Maui Shootout, First Round

(1) #1 Villanova 90, (8) Charlotte 66
A trip to the tropical shores of Hawai'i begins with a dominant performance from Chris Wilson, who finishes with 27 points as we dismantle the 49ers.

Zayden Calhoun scores 12 points and grabs 6 rebounds, and John Cannon contributes another dozen off the bench. Nick Spencer finishes with 10 points and 6 assists, and new starter DeAndre Brown leads us with 7 helpers.
Record: 2-0.

November 18, 2039
Maui Shootout Semifinal
(1) #1 Villanova 76, (5) San Diego State 58

We're not terribly sharp tonight, making only 6 of 21 three-point shots, but we play good defense and advance to the Shootout final.

Zayden Calhoun (19p) makes 4 of those 6 threes. Zak Marshall (12p/7r/2b) and Chris Wilson (10p/5r) man the frontcourt capably. Hats off to Nick Spencer (9p/9a/3s) and Kai Smith (3 steals in 10 minutes). And props to David Lovett, who scores 7 points in 14 minutes.
Record: 3-0.

November 19, 2039
Maui Shootout Final
(1) #1 Villanova 82, (2) Washington 71

We'll return to the Main Line with tans and a trophy, as we defeat the Huskies and capture the Maui Shootout.

Zayden Calhoun's 23 points and Nick Spencer's 20 lead the scoring; Calhoun adds 6 rebounds and 6 assists, while Spencer contributes 3 steals. Chris Wilson scores 12 points with 5 rebounds and 4 blocks.
Record: 4-0.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote