View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 10:35 AM   #9617
bhlloy
Coordinator

I agree it’s a fascinating question. For European countries I think there would have to be boots on the ground really and an all in situation… the biggest economy in Europe isn’t going to have Russia on their doorstep again, which is what the likely outcome is going to be Russia goes into Poland. Finland joining again only makes that more likely. These are countries who have relatively recent experience of being at war with Russia or being the other side of the wall.

The real question then is what role the US plays, and obviously that’s a totally different question if it’s Trump or Biden. I would imagine that millions of US troops on the ground is unlikely just due to the political situation and popularity, but in reasonably large numbers as advisors, technicians, pilots etc… it’s probably unavoidable. At least if it’s Biden. If it’s Trump, it’s going to get interesting real real fast.

And then the nuclear topic if that line does get crossed is even more of a shitshow… is the US going to risk a retaliatory strike on its soil if nukes get used against NATO forces in Poland? What if it’s Warsaw and millions of civilian dead etc… Let’s hope none of these questions ever need to be answered.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote