View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 07:55 AM   #257
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
...my reaction, too. A team has had him on the roster and openly complained "they don't have anyone for our young QB to throw to."

Now someone backs up more money/yr for him than any of the parade of RBs we're seeing out there? I'm not feeling it. I'd be thinking of Mooney as a 1y/6m sort of guy, closer to, say, the DJ Chark tier.

I was wondering the same thing. I think they are going off this:

edit: Thinking about it, this is that stat that probably explains why Justin Fields has generated no interest. Fans may have complained about the lack of open targets, but the film is saying they were open, the team lacked a quarterback that could throw to them.

To piggieback off of this, here's a bit more from Athletic's Scoop City newsletter this morning:

Quote:
Per Sharp Football Analysis: Across Mooney's career with the Bears, nearly 40 percent of deep targets thrown his way were inaccurate. During this time, the Falcons' Kirk Cousins led the NFL in deep target accuracy (20-plus yards downfield). We could see a breakout season here.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote