View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 09:18 AM   #52
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
I haven't taken a look thoroughly at the csv's yet - but does this mean we have the capability to make a historic coaches file as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NawlinsFan View Post
Yes sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
That's almost equally exciting.

I'm trying my hand at creating a 1976_coaches file. So far, so...okay. I've been using ChatGPT to get a lot of this stuff, and 1976 was one year before I was born, so I'm relying on it to be correct with only minimal checking from Wikipedia, since I can't rely on my own memory at all. I've got all 28 head coaches, assigned to the teams they should be, with their birth cities and colleges. I got ChatGPT to give me position groups for them all, plus their offensive and defensive styles -- huge grains of salt here that GPT knows what it's talking about. There were lots of coaches who were balanced, and none with Erhardt-Perkins or spread, so I asked it to convert some of the balanced to those, but no idea if it put any thought into that. I also asked GPT to give me PAYSCALE numbers that I hoped would affect the coach's quality. I got good numbers -- high salaries for coaches I've heard of (Tom Landry, Don Shula, Chuck Noll) and low salaries for coaches I hadn't (Marion Campbell and Lou Holtz, who I didn't know coached in the NFL, so it works). But quality seems random, and from the text file

Quote:
Coaches are randomly rated in Front Office Football Nine.

So I guess I shouldn't have bothered. This actually might have an adverse effect for all I know, where highly-paid coaches get fired and aren't in the league after a couple seasons. Something to keep an eye on.

Anyway, all the head coaches are in there, correct birth city and college, a reasonable effort to replicate coaching styles, but random quality. Drop me a PM if you want me to email it to you. I still plan to add coordinators, then analysts who will become head coaches, and maybe some unemployed future head coaches, before I look into figuring out how to host it myself.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 03-07-2024 at 12:09 PM.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote