View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 10:14 AM   #304
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I'm trying this now -- it's right before the bowl, and I'm seeing who I can extend contracts for. I'm already over the cap, but I thought there may be guys I can extend who will ask for less in current year that's about to end, and I can keep them under contract for next year. A couple things:

1. The game seems to be letting me extend players who are asking for MORE of a cap hit in the current year. It feels like I shouldn't be allowed to do that. In previous versions I'm sure you couldn't.

2. The game never seems to care that I'm over the cap. I have the staff set to make minor decisions, and I'm usually just under the cap when the season starts, then as players get put on IR, the staff signs players who put me over the cap. I keep checking the event logs to see if I ever get a penalty, but it never happens. Does anyone know if it's okay to be over the cap at this point, if IR is involved (maybe this is some way to simulate a practice squad)? I think previous versions only calculated the cap hit of your top 53 players. Is that what should be happening here, and if so, should the roster screen not indicate that I'm over the cap?

If you are over the cap, you lose a draft pick, usually third. Although I've seen other rounds for AI teams.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote