View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 08:29 AM   #98
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

As a Broncos fan, I'm ignoring all of the new articles. We'll see what happens in due time. What I'm glad to not have to see anymore are the "Russ is playing great!" articles. Yes, his numbers looked good. Yes, Payton probably got as much out of him as he could. No, he did not run a good offense and was extremely limited. That should have been obvious if you watched the games.

During the mid-season win streak, the D was averaging like 4 TOs a game. That's the main reason they pulled off a long win streak. Wilson made a few end of game plays, but he also squandered many TOs with 3-and-outs or failing to get into scoring position on change of possessions that should have resulted in more scoring opportunities. Sometimes, the offense piddled around until the last 2 minutes of both halves, when it became the Samaje Perine show and Wilson dumped it off to him multiple times to get into scoring position. But that wasn't a sustainable offense for the other 55 minutes.

In short, get him the F out of Denver. I'd rather win 3 games next year hamstrung by the salary cap, then win 5 or 6 with him and delaying the inevitable.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote