View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 05:50 PM   #76
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I mean there are tons of guys that can shoot and can't do much else in the NBA, how would she be any different.
And some of them can't even shoot.

I don't think people honestly realize how insanely good NBA players are. Brian Scalabrine is a fantastic example of this. He was widely mocked as being the worst player in the NBA. He average 3 points and 2 rebounds per game while shooting 39% from the floor.

He's also famously told people that think they're better than him that he's closer to Lebron than they are to him as he routinely torches these guys 11-0 in 1 on 1s.

The vast majority of these guys that can shoot and can't do much else would be the best athlete on a WNBA floor by a wide, wide margin. That's no disrespect to the women's game, it's improved dramatically over the past decade, but the talent in the NBA has as well and that gap there really hasn't closed all that much. I don't think the best player in the WNBA is playing many minutes on a major college team, let along getting close to a NBA bench.

It's difficult to put into perspective how good even the worst NBA players are without seeing the gap up close.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote