View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 12:15 PM   #3451
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I live in the same place with the same people, and I know plenty of people who were raised around guns that are morons. As a matter of fact, the more certain gun owners fetishize guns, the more likely they are to pull then out in situations where they are not necessary. Their deep desire to be the "good guy with a gun" and be able to shoot someone "bad" scares the living crap out of me when I am around them, and I grew up with guns. I got my first shotgun at 10, and rifle at 12.

Like I said, “in my experience”.

I don’t like guns, would never own one and shouldn’t, as I have said before; however, it’s still my experience that the smaller the places that I have lived, the safer they have been. Those places have a higher percentage of the population carrying or with access to guns. I’ve lived all over Michigan, Florida, Washington, California, Texas, Indiana and near Chicago. I feel much safer in the areas with a legally armed populace. I’m not even arguing the politics of guns because nobody really changes their minds about anything anymore. I’m just saying that for me, I feel safer in those places. YMMV.

Last edited by Schmidty : 02-17-2024 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Doubled quote.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote